Sunday, May 13, 2012

Eco Vessel Adult Straw Bottle and Toddler Sippy Cup Review


          Steel water bottles

       

The wonderful people at Eco Vessel were generous enough to send me a couple of products to review!  I was SO excited about this review!  To be honest, I had seen their kids products on amazon.com, and they looked so nifty and cute, but I had NO idea that they had adult products as well!  Yippee!!! 

Their website states:
"Eco Vessel is based in Boulder, Colorado at the base of the Rocky Mountains. We are dedicated to developing products from safe, sturdy, sustainable materials while offering innovation and practicality. Our complete product line provides options for both children and adults with all of these in mind.  You can feel secure knowing that our 100% recyclable, BPA Free products are made of high quality, non-leaching materials and are designed for your safety, ease of use and convenience. Using plastic water bottles is expensive, wasteful and unnecessary. Sadly, more than 80% of these bottles are not even recycled but simply thrown away, which creates more than a million tons of waste each year. Treat yourself and your family to our good looking, Eco-friendly products while you help heal our planet."


I have to admit, I've bought quite a few plastic bottles of water, and until recently, I haven't really given too much thought to recycling them.  But my desire to try these bottles was about more than just the environmental aspect.  For one thing, think of all the money you can save if you don't buy all those plastic bottles!  But also, these bottles are insulated, which means the water stays cooler longer!  If there's one thing I CAN'T STAND its warm water when I'm thirsty!  :)

The good folks at Eco Vessel were kind enough to send me this awesome bottle for review -
The Summit Insulated Straw Bottle - 17oz

"The Eco Vessel Insulated Straw Bottle is the perfect bottle for those of you constantly on the go. Like our other bottles, this Eco Vessel will keep your beverages cold for hours. The new straw top makes drinking easier so you can drink from the bottle without unscrewing the cap or tipping the bottle back. And, because of its specially designed handle, the straw won't open accidentally in your car, lunchbox, or bag. The detachable silicone straw makes cleaning the bottle easier, too. As always, our Eco Vessel Insulated Straw bottle is made from the highest quality, premium grade #304 Stainless Steel, are 100% recyclable, and of course, BPA Free. Rest assured knowing that your bottle was crafted safety, ease of use, and convenience in mind."


First of all, can I just say how much I LOVE this beautiful pink bottle!!!  AWESOME!!!  I was SO EXCITED when I saw it for the first time!  And I love that its curved just slightly in the middle, which makes it so easy to hold!  The straw top flips down to keep it from leaking - and also to keep it from getting dirty if you drop it on the ground!  And, it comes with a handle so you can clip it too the stroller, bike, etc!

Pros:
1.) Its SO CUTE!!! (The 17oz comes in green, pink, or purple.  The 25oz comes in blue, green, purple, silver or turquoise.)
2.) Its curved in in the middle to make it easier to hold.
3.) It has a straw, so you don't have to tip your bottle (and your head) up to drink!  (Which could be dangerous if you are riding a bike or running!)
4.) It keeps your liquid COLD!!! (I hate it when my water is lukewarm!)
5.) It has a handle so you can clip it to a stroller, bike, etc.

Cons:
1.) The ONLY con I can think of is that its too tall for me to fill it up from our refrigerator door.  (But that's really not an issue because we also have a filter on our sink.  Plus, I'd much rather it be taller and thinner, like it is, because its SO much easier to hold than most water bottles!)


They also sent my little one this sippy -

The Insulated Sippy - 10 oz
"You and your little one will love this sippy! Easy to drink, easy to hold, easy to clean - and water, milk or juice will stay cold for hours. The Insulated Sippy is made with two layers of vacuum sealed #304 food grade stainless steel – no BPA, no phthalates, no liner. The bottle has only a few parts, with an integrated handle and neck that accommodates a ring and Avent spout. We’ve done our best to offer a simple, yet colorful sippy that will not leak with ordinary use and will make your hectic life easier."

Again, I just LOVED this sippy from the moment I saw it!  ADORABLE!!!  But, I have to admit, I was a little concerned about whether my little one would like it or not.  She's had trouble with other sippies that have the same type of spout.  She tends to just chew on them and not get any water out.  But as soon as she saw this cup, she wanted it!  And it only took her a minute or two to figure out how to sip it!  I was SOOO excited!!!  And the handles are just great!!!  She had NO PROBLEM carrying it around!!!  Today we took this sippy to church with us.  We left the house around 8am and didn't return until after 12pm.  When I pulled the sippy out of her bag, I decided to take a sip just to see if it really did keep her water cold.  IT DID!!!  Four hours later and her water was still very cold!!!  I was so excited!!! I'm seriously considering ordering another couple of these!!!



Another cool product from EcoVessel is their Filtration Water Bottle -
Challenge21 Aqua Vessel Ultra Lite Filtration Bottle - 25 oz - Violet
Challenge21 Aqua Vessel Ultra Lite Filtration Bottle - 25 oz - Violet - $24.95

How cool is this!!! Think about it! You could fill up your water bottle ANYWHERE and still have filtered water! Are you kidding me!?! 

If you'd like to order from EcoVessel, you can check out their website HERE
"Like" Eco Vessel on Facebook page HERE 
Follow Eco Vessel on Twitter HERE 
If you like my posts, PLEASE join my blog under the "Followers" section.  It would mean SO MUCH!!! :)



Disclosure - Per FTC Regulations, I am disclosing that I received product(s) from the company mentioned above, free of charge, for review.  I was in no other way compensated for my review. The views expressed above are my own, honest opinions and any claims should be verified on the sponsor's site.

No comments:

Post a Comment