Sunday, April 15, 2018

BBQ Chicken And Black Bean Quesadillas (Freezer Friendly)





If you're familiar with my blog, you may have already seen my recipe for Bacon Cheddar Ranch Chicken Quesadillas. I'm obsessed with these things - and so are my family.  And it's not just that they are delicious, it's that they are an AWESOME easy meal.  I make bunches at a time (just assembling everything, not baking them), wrap them individually in tin foil, and stick them in the freezer.  Then when I need some dinner help, I pull a few out of the freezer, let them thaw for a few hours in the and bake them for 12 minutes at 375 degrees.  Seriously, it doesn't get much better than that!





Anyway, as much as we LOVE the Bacon Cheddar Ranch Chicken Quesadillas, I was in the mood to try something new.  (I'm always up for a new recipe!) I went to the internet's version of Wonderland - Pinterest - and I found a few quesadilla recipes I'd like to try.  But in my usual fashion, I sort of played around with the recipes, mixed, matched, let things out, added things in, and I came up with something my family was RAVING about - BBQ Chicken And Black Bean Quesadillas!




BBQ Chicken And Black Bean Quesadillas

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
2 cups shredded cheddar jack cheese mix
1/4 red onion, diced
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 cup of your favorite thick BBQ sauce
15-20 small fajita flour tortillas

Directions:
1.) Lay out tortillas on a clean surface.
2.) In a bowl, mix chicken, black beans, cheese, seasonings, and BBQ sauce together.
3.) Divide chicken mixture among tortillas.  Fold each tortilla in half.
4.) If you want to freeze them, wrap each quesadilla in tin foil, then throw a bunch in a large zip top freezer bag and throw them in the freezer.  Once you're ready to use them, pull a few out and thaw in the fridge for 4 or 5 hours (or overnight) and then follow step 5.
5.) Once you're ready to bake, preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Place quesadillas on a wax paper-lined (or tin foil-lined) baking sheet.  Bake for 6 minutes, flip, bake for 6 more minutes.
6.) Serve with more BBQ sauce or ranch dressing for dipping. Enjoy!

NOTE: The great thing about freezer quesadillas is that you can be creative.  Don't like red onion?  Leave it out!  Wanna use salsa instead of BBQ sauce?  Sure!  Wanna mix some Ranch seasoning into the BBQ sauce and make BBQ Ranch Quesadillas?  Done! Add corn.  Add bell peppers.  Switch cheeses.  Be creative! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment