Thursday, May 24, 2012

Skoy Cloths Review



Ok, I have to admit, when the good people at Skoy contacted me about reviewing their product, I wasn't sure it was gonna be "worth my time."  After all, every product that I receive gets a thorough workout and then I spend time taking pictures and writing up the review.  But, I said yes anyway and BOY AM I GLAD I DID!!!  No kidding!!!  These little things are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!!!

So what are they?  Skoy cloths are an AWESOME alternative to paper towels and nasty, germ-infested sponges.  They are biodegradable, absorbent, and re-useable!!!


The Skoy Company was started by two stay-at-home moms.  (I love that!!!)  :)  Their website states: "The idea originated when Michelle was living in Europe in the late 90’s. She discovered a product that was similar to the SKOY cloth and it was just amazing. Over time she found the cloth to be indispensable. When she moved back to the US, she realized that the use of a sponge was inadequate and the excessive use of paper towels, wasteful. Michelle searched and searched for a similar cloth and nothing even compared; nothing was of the same caliber. This is when Michelle introduced the cloth to Karen. She immediately fell in love with it and could not imagine cleaning with anything else. We then put our heads together and discussed a way to bring this product to the US with the requirement that it meet our high standard. Now we are so excited to be able to offer the SKOY cloth to you—which is everything that we had hoped it would be."

Skoy Cloths feel like a mix between a dishcloth and a sponge.  They are square, thin, and easy to use like a dishcloth.  They are also washable - like a dishcloth.  But the "feel" and work like a sponge! (They are super-absorbent like sponges too!)


Skoy Cloths have an absorption factor of 15 times their weight!  This makes them very durable and great for cleaning!  (No more paper towels ripping or falling apart while you're cleaning!  They are re-useable too!  You simply throw them in the dishwasher OR the washing machine to clean them!  How awesome is that!!!  They will last for months!!!  (That's much longer than your average nasty sponge!) - And because they are machine washable, you don't have to worry about spreading germs around when using them.  (Seriously, have you ever washed a dish with one of your sponges and then the dish smelled nasty.  - That's all the yucky germs that are hiding in your sponge!)



On average, using ONE Skoy Cloth is the equivalent of using FIFTEEN ROLLS of paper towels!!  Now, do the math with me. 15 rolls of paper towels costs AT LEAST $20.00.   A set of FOUR Skoy Cloths costs $6.99. Four Skoy Cloths would be the equivalent of 60 paper towels, or EIGHTY DOLLARS worth of paper towels - for $6.99!  Now, I don't know about you, but I'd rather spend that other $73.01 on something other than paper towels!!!  (Plus, 4 little Skoy Cloths take up MUCH LESS room than 60 rolls of paper towels!)  ;)



I used these in on the dishes, pots and pans, kitchen sink, counters, stove, etc.  Since the come in a pack of four - each a different color - I gave each color a different use. - The Pink one is for dishes, the yellow one is for kitchen counters, stove-top, etc., the grean one is for the bathroom tubs, and the purple on is for the bathroom counters, mirrors, etc.  (They also have orange, blue and white.)

If you'd like to purchase some Skoy Cloths of your own, you can do so HERE.
"Like" Skoy on Facebook HERE.
Follow Skoy on Twitter HERE.


Skoy also has an awesome Fundraising Program for schools!!!  Your school gets to keep 40% of the profits!!!  Check out their fundraising program HERE.

If you like my posts, PLEASE join my blog under the "Followers" section. It would mean SO MUCH!!! :)


Disclosure - Per FTC Regulations, I am disclosing that I received product(s) from the company mentioned above, free of charge, for review. I was in no other way compensated for my review. The views expressed above are my own, honest opinions and any claims should be verified on the sponsor's site.

No comments:

Post a Comment