Friday, March 11, 2016

Sausage And Veggie Pasta Bake

Anyone else have trouble getting your kids to eat veggies?  I was so proud of myself as a first-time mom.  My little two-year old ate everything.  Now I have three kids and dinner time is often a battle.  But I'm not giving in!  My kids are gonna eat veggies if it kills me! 


One way to get some veggies in the meal is a pasta bake.  My kids LOVE pasta!  (And so do I!)  And I also love a prep-ahead meal!  With three small kids, afternoons can sometimes get, well, "hairy."  I love making a meal during morning naptime and.  That way, when dinner time rolls around, all I have to do is pop it in the oven!  Add a little salad and some bread and you've got yourself a feast!

Sausage And Veggie Bake

Ingredients:
1 (16oz) box penne, cooked to al dente
1 (24oz) jar pasta sauce (I love Ragu's Mushroom & Green Pepper Pasta Sauce)
1 (14oz) package of smoked sausage, sliced
1 onion, diced
1 bell pepper, diced
1 zucchini, chopped or diced
1 yellow squash, chopped or diced
8oz Italian blend cheese

1.) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2.) Cook pasta to "al dente."  (Since it goes in the oven afterward, I always undercook a bit.  For example, if the directions say to boil for 10-12 minutes, I do 10 minutes.)
3.) Drain pasta and pour in a large bowl/
4.) Sautee onion, bell pepper, zucchini, and squash for 3-5 minutes and then add to pasta.


5.) Cook sausage for 5-7 minutes over Medium heat (until browned).  Drain and add to pasta.


6.) Add jarred pasta sauce to everything and mix to combine.


7.) Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray and pour in mixture.


8.) Sprinkle with cheese.


9.) Bake in 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes.


Make sure you follow me on Instagram @theproverbs31mama to see my recipe pics, Bible journaling pics, and review pics!

Follow me on Facebook HERE.



No comments:

Post a Comment