Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Oven Baked Chicken Fajitas

Hi guys!  My very favorite type of recipe, as I've mentioned many times before, is anything I can prep ahead and just toss into the slow cooker or the oven at dinner time.  (Is it just me or do everyone else's kids go absolutely crazy right when it's time to make dinner?)  So I thought I'd share one of our favorites: Baked Chicken Fajitas!


This recipe is so easy to make and so delicious!!! And the best part is that I can mix it up during naptime or - even the night before - and just toss it in the oven at dinner time!   I originally found this recipe at budgetbytes.com (through a search on pinterest) and, as with most of my recipes, I played around with the ingredients a bit and found my own groove,  But you can check out the original recipe HERE if you like!
Whip up some rice and beans, a salad, or some guacamole or salsa and chips, or just eat these alone! Any way you do it, you can't go wrong!





Oven Baked Chicken Fajitas

(This recipe makes a ton!  I always make enough to have 2 meals for our family - 2 adults and 3 small children.  If you'd like, you can cut the recipe in half, but trust me, you'll be sorry if you don't have leftovers!)

Fajitas:
3-4 medium yellow onions
3-4 bell peppers (I usually do 1 green, 1 red, 1 orange, and 1 yellow - because its pretty!)
2 lbs chicken breasts
4-6 tablespoons olive oil
2 packages flour tortillas

Seasoning:
1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
1 1/2 tablespoons paprika
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
*1/4 teaspoon cayenne (optional - if you want more of a kick!)
2 teaspoons cumin
2 teaspoons white sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon cornstarch

1.) Preheat oven to 400 degrees. F.
2.) Mix seasoning ingredients and set aside.
3.) Slice onion, bell peppers, and chicken breasts into strips.
4.) Place veggies and chicken in a large bowl, sprinkle with seasoning mix and toss to mix.  Mix in olive oil.  Pour everything into a large baking dish.
5.) Bake 25 minutes, stir thoroughly, bake for another 25 minutes (until chicken is cooked through).
6.) Serve mixture in tortillas all by itself, or add cheddar cheese, sour cream, jalapenos, cilantro, etc.




No comments:

Post a Comment