Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Hawaiian Chicken (Slow Cooker)

With small kids, I'm always looking for simple, quick recipes.  But finding something my kids will eat without grumbling is difficult.  The smallest ones are in that, "I don't like it - even though I haven't tried it" stage.  Ugh.  I can't stand that stage!  Thankfully, this simple slow cooker Hawaiian chicken is a crowd pleaser! 




I usually serve this dish over jasmine rice. If you've never tried jasmine rice, you need to go out and get some NOW!  Jasmine rice gives Chinese dishes that authentic "take out" flavor!  And even though this dish isn't Chinese food, it still goes incredibly over jasmine rice!  I try to serve something green on the side - like green beans or roasted asparagus.



Slow Cooker Hawaiian Chicken
2-4 chicken breasts (depending on size)
8oz can crushed pineapple (drained)
16oz bottle of your favorite thick BBQ sauce

1.) Place chicken breasts in slow cooker.
2.) In a medium bowl, mix drained crushed pineapple and BBQ sauce. Pour over chicken.
3.) Cook on low 8 hrs.
4.) Serve over jasmine rice with your favorite veggies on the side!

1 comment:

  1. And Uncle Ben has those 90 second microwave pouches with jasmine rice now!

    ReplyDelete