Monday, July 15, 2013

Burgers' Smokehouse Baby Back Ribs Review

I just had a DELICIOUS meal thanks to the folks at Burgers' Smokehouse!  Burgers' is a family-owned business that started in the late 1920's by selling cured hams.  Now, more than 80 years later they sell all sorts of fabulous foods, like hams, bacon, ribs, turkey, sausage, and even desserts!!!  The wonderful folks at Burgers' were kind enough to send me 2 slabs of their baby back ribs for review - one each of their dry rub and sauced ribs.

The Dry Rub Ribs - I cut them in half so that they fit in the dish better.

Tonight the hubby and I decided to try the dry rub ribs.  I had spoken with Burgers' customer service on the phone and asked them how long it takes to thaw the ribs.  The lovely lady I spoke with said you can thaw them in as little as 30 minutes if you put them in the sink in some water, so I tried that this morning just to see if they would really thaw that quickly.  They did! That makes this mama happy because I often forget to take things out of the freezer the night before.  LOL!

We decided to use the instructions on the Burgers' Smokehouse website for reheating in the oven.  (If you check out their website, they give instructions on heating in the oven in a baking dish, in a baking bag, on the grill, or even in a slow cooker, so you have lots of choices!) 

Look how delicious they look!  They tasted yummy too!!!



I heated the ribs according to the instructions on the website.  I decide not to baste them in sauce because the hubby likes a sweeter BBQ sauce and I like a spicier one, so I figured everybody could dip their ribs in the sauce of their choice.  When the ribs were done, they just fell off the bone!  They were very tender!  And the dry rub had a very nice flavor - even before I put BBQ sauce on!  We were very pleased!  Oh, and even the toddler ate some - and she's very picky about meat!


Check out all of Burgers' Smokehouse's delicious food at smokehouse.com
"Like" Burgers' Smokehouse on Facebook.

"Like" The Proverbs31 Mama on Facebook.
Follow me on Twitter.
Follow me on Pinterest.

Disclosure - Per FTC Regulations, I am disclosing that I received product(s) from this company/website, free of charge, for review. I was in no other way compensated for my review. The views expressed in this review are my own, honest opinions and any claims should be verified on the sponsor's site.

No comments:

Post a Comment