Monday, February 29, 2016

Pumpkin Bundt Cake with Cinnamon Pecan Glaze

I know.  I know.  Its not Fall.  But why does pumpkin have to be relegated to 3 months out of the year?  Pumpkin is delish!  And when you don't feel like going to the grocery store for baking supplies, but you have a can of pumpkin in the pantry, a pumpkin bundt cake can save the day! 


I dug around a bit and found a Taste of Home pumpkin pound cake recipe that I had all the ingredients for.  (And get this.  It called for 2 1/2 cups of sugar and 3 cups of flour and I had those EXACT amounts!  Talk about meant to be!  Haha!)  But I didn't just want to make a pumpkin cake.  I wanted something super decadent.  (I'm taking this to my church small group tonight, so I wanted something over-the-top good!)  After considering a regular glaze, a cream cheese frosting, and a few other things, I decided that cinnamon and pecans would put this baby right over the top!  So I whipped up a cinnamon pecan glaze!  And let me tell you!  This thing is sweet!  It may give you "diabeetus," but it just might be worth it! 


Cake Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup canola oil
3 eggs
3 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 (15oz) can pumpkin

Glaze Ingredients:
2 cups powdered sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
5 tablespoons milk
3/4 cup chopped pecans

Directions:
1.) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2.) In a stand mixer, beat sugar and canola oil into thoroughly mixed.
3.) Add eggs one at a time, mixing well between each one.


4.) Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg in a medium bowl.
5.) Alternate adding flour mixture and pumpkin to the sugar and eggs, mixing well after each new addition.


6.) Pour into a greased bundt pan.


Bake in a 350 degree oven for 60-65 minutes or until toothpick or cake tester comes out clean. (I baked my cake for 65 minutes.)


7.) Let cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes, then invert onto a cake plate and cool completely.


8.) After cake is completely cooled, make the glaze!  Mix powdered sugar and cinnamon together.  Mix in milk and stir until completely combined.  Fold in pecans.


Pour over the cake.  (This makes a LOT of glaze.  You can half the recipe if you like, but I like having lots since about half will drip off the cake.  The other half, though, will harden and make a delicious glaze on the cake!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment