Monday, May 13, 2013

Hands To Heart Sleep Swaddle Review

Disclosure - Per FTC Regulations, I am disclosing that I received product(s) from this company/website, free of charge, for review. I was in no other way compensated for my review. The views expressed in this review are my own, honest opinions and any claims should be verified on the sponsor's site.

Every mom knows how important swaddling is.  It keeps your newborn feeling safe, warm, and relaxed.  But not everyone is great at wrapping a blanket into a tight swaddle.  (I'm one of those women.)  I tried buying those swaddle pouches.  Some worked.  Some didn't.  But being a thrifty mom - and not wanting to waste money - I was so bummed when BOTH of my kids moved out of swaddles super early.  What would I do with all those pouches I'd bought?  Luckily, I recently found the Hands To Heart Swaddle...



The Hands To Heart Swaddle is totally different from any other swaddle item that I have ever seen.  Why?  Well, for several reasons...



1.) This isn't a normal "hands down" swaddle.  It turns out that many doctors are now speaking out against tight swaddling, as it can lead to hip dysplasia! - "Under the influence of maternal hormones that relax ligaments during birth, a baby’s ligaments, including those of the hip, are also loosened. The hip joint will usually develop normally as long as the correct position is maintained - that is with the legs bent and apart. Forcibly straightening the legs and limiting free movement within the first three to four months of life means babies who would otherwise recover naturally from a minor instability are unable to strengthen weakened joints, and may end up having surgery." - (http://www.webmd.boots.com/children/baby/news/20120313/fashion-for-swaddling-babies-causes-concern)
The Hands To Heart Swaddle does not tightly restrict your baby's legs, so they can easily keep their legs in the proper position (legs bent and apart).
2.) The Hands To Heart Swaddle actually keeps your baby in a more natural position - the fetal tuck "hands to heart" position.  This makes it easier for your baby to relax and fall to sleep.
3.) The Hands To Heart Swaddle has pockets that the arms each fit into.  This makes it a whole lot easier to wrap!  Let's face it, wiggly arms are hard to wrap into swaddles!
4.) Its also a sleep sack!  So after your baby is passed the swaddle stage, you can still use the sleep sack alone!  That makes this thrifty mama VERY happy!!!
5.) It also unzips from the bottom, which makes it easier to change baby's diaper at nighttime!  No need to unswaddle in order to change the diaper!  WooHoo!




The Hands To Heart Swaddle comes in 2 sizes - Small (0-4 months) and Medium (4-9 months).



Check out this awesome swaddle/sleepbag at heartswaddle.com.
"Like" Hands To Heart Sleep Swaddle on Facebook HERE.

Like" The Proverbs31 Mama on Facebook HERE.

Disclosure - Per FTC Regulations, I am disclosing that I received product(s) from this company/website, free of charge, for review. I was in no other way compensated for my review. The views expressed in this review are my own, honest opinions and any claims should be verified on the sponsor's site.

No comments:

Post a Comment