Monday, November 11, 2013

Barefoot Books Holiday Book Review

Disclosure - Per FTC Regulations, I am disclosing that I received product(s) from this company/website, free or at a discounted rate, for review. I was in no other way compensated for my review. The views expressed in this review are my own, honest opinions and any claims should be verified on the sponsor's site.

You will soon see just how much I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!!!  We are BIG on Christmas in our house!!!  First, and foremost, we celebrate the birth of our Savior!  But we also love the family time, decorations and fun!  And I LOVE giving gifts!!!  One of my favorite gifts to give my kids is a good book!  After all, a good book will last for years, will inspire togetherness (as I read it to my child), and will instill a love of reading in my kids!!!  So I'm thrilled to be able to share a few, great Christmas books!!!

The first one is Fireside Stories - Tales for a Winter's Eve...
This is another WONDERFUL Barefoot Books story collection!  It contains 8 stories that take you through the Fall and Winter Holiday seasons!  And again, these stories are from different cultures - which I LOVE!  The book contains The Lonely Boatman (a Halloween story from Scotland), The Winter Cabin (a First Snowfall story from Russia), Schnitzle, Schnotzle & Schnootzle (a Christmas Eve story from Austria), The Cantor of the Trees (a New Year story from Russia), The Twelve Brothers (a Midwinter story from the Czech Republic), Babushka (a Twelfth Night story from Russia), The Bag of Warmth (a Return of the Sun story from Canada), and The Cailleach of the Snows (a Coming of Spring story from Scotland).

I love how the book takes your from Fall all the way through to Spring!  What a wonderful and fun idea!  And its a great book to use each and every year!  I know, in our house, we LOVE the beginning of Fall!  It gets cooler outside, and its the beginning of a wonderful time that continues through Thanksgiving (when we thank God for all His blessings), to Christmas (when we thank God for the Savior), to the New Year (when we begin things anew)! 


The next book I received was The Greatest Gift - The Story of the Other Wise Man...

This is a great book to add to your Christmas collection!  (I love adding books each year to our collection of Christmas stories!  My oldest is only 3 and we already have 15 or 20 books for the season!)  And this one is a great story filled with beautiful illustrations!!!


The final book I received was The Princess and the Pea...

I know what you're thinking.  This isn't a Christmas or winter book.  And its not.  But I thought I'd throw in a book that would be great to give as a gift!  The Princess and the Pea is one of Barefoot Books' newest editions and it is just beautiful!  The illustrations in this (and the other Barefoot classics) are lovely and artistic instead of simplistic and cartoonish.  And this hardback version comes with a narration CD!  (I love that many of the Barefoot Books come with narration CDs so that you can listen to the book with your little one while you play, or flip through the pages together, or ride in the car!

Check out all of the fabulous books at barefootbooks.com.
"Like" Barefoot Books on Facebook.
Join Barefoot Books on Twitter.
If you'd like to learn how you can become a Barefoot Books Ambassador and earn money, you can do so Here. They will send you a free informational packet - including a free book for your family to enjoy.
"Like" The Proverbs31 Mama on Facebook.
Follow me on
Twitter.
Follow me on
Pinterest.

Disclosure - Per FTC Regulations, I am disclosing that I received product(s) from this company/website, free or at a discounted rate, for review. I was in no other way compensated for my review. The views expressed in this review are my own, honest opinions and any claims should be verified on the sponsor's site.

No comments:

Post a Comment