Sunday, July 1, 2012

Novica Guanajuato Flora Talavera Plate Review

I love decorating my house with lovely and unique items.  And since I love traveling, I also love to add things from other cultures into my decore.  Novica.com is a great place to find those types of items!!!

As their website states:
"Novica.com was founded twelve years ago as an online, fair-trade marketplace based in Los Angeles, with offices in eight developing nations. Novica features more than 30,000 limited edition and one-of-a-kind handmade works of art daily, ranging from artisan-crafted jewelry to handmade apparel to world-style home decor. So far Novica has succeeded in helping change the lives of more than 50,000 people in developing nations, including artisans and their dependents, uniquely helping each artisan earn personal recognition and real-world prices for their work."

I think that is so amazing!  So I was THRILLED when Novica contacted my about reviewing a few items!  The item I will be reveiwing today is the Guanajato Flora Talavera Serving Plate...




This plate is SO BEAUTIFUL!!!  It was handpainted by an artisan from Guanajuato, Mexico, named Pedro Alba.

I was so excited when this package arrived!  It was delivered by FedEx and had a big stamp on the front that said "Import of Mexico."  So cool!  My first "international purchase!"  :)  When I opened the box, I found this lovely package...



Such a lovely presentation!  And the plate was wrapped so securely inside!  I was very impressed!  And look how lovely it is!!!  It goes PERFECTLY in my dining room with my colorful Fiestaware dishes!!!  I just LOVE it!!!



Each Novica item comes with a little card that tells you about the item and about the artisan that created that item.  I think that's so neat!!! My card says, "Pedro Alba honors the state of Guanajuato with the colorful design of this Talavera plate. Painted by hand with florid details, Talavera is a type of majolica ceramics brought to Mexico from Spain in the 16th century. It is distinguished by the use of cobalt blue over an off-white background."



If you'd like to check out Novica for yourself, you can do so HERE.
If you'd like to check out all of Pedro Alba's items, you can do so HERE.
"Like" Novica on Facebook HERE.


"Like" The Proverbs31 Mama on Facebook HERE.

If you like my posts, PLEASE join my blog under the "Followers" section. It would mean SO MUCH!!! :)


Disclosure - Per FTC Regulations, I am disclosing that I received product(s) from the company mentioned above, free of charge, for review. I was in no other way compensated for my review. The views expressed above are my own, honest opinions and any claims should be verified on the sponsor's site.





No comments:

Post a Comment