Friday, August 30, 2013

Barefoot Books "Fall-Themed Books" Review

Disclosure - Per FTC Regulations, I am disclosing that I received product(s) from this company/website, free of charge, for review. I was in no other way compensated for my review. The views expressed in this review are my own, honest opinions and any claims should be verified on the sponsor's site.
I LOVE books!  (You may already know that by now.  Haha!)  I love to get my girls books as special gifts.  I especially love to buy books that have to do with special holidays or seasons of the year.  So, with Fall approaching (Have I mentioned that I LOVE LOVE LOVE Fall?) I thought I'd share some great "seasonal" books from one of my favorite sources - Barefoot Books.  (You can find my first Barefoot Books review HERE.)


The wonderful folks at Barefoot Books were kind enough to send me three books that I consider to be great for Fall or "seasonal" discussions.  The first one is "The Gigantic Turnip" -


This is a cute Russian folktale.  It puts me in mind of Fall because of the dark, rustic colors in the illustrations.  And, of course, the turnip is a Fall veggie!  I love the dark oranges and browns in this book - and the adorable illustrations but I also love that it helps teach kids about numbers!  Oh, and to make this book even better, it comes with a CD!  So you and your little one can listen to the reading of the book while looking at the lovely pages!


I also received this great board book called "I Took the Moon for a Walk."  This book is HUGE for a board book - and very sturdy!  And most of all, its adorable!  I love this for Fall because I live in the South and its EXTREMELY hot during the summer.  When Fall comes and the nighttime temperatures drop a little, this book is perfect for taking outside!  You can have a little picnic under the stars with your kids and read this adorable story!  Or, if you aren't up for a trip outside, then open the window during bedtime story time and let your little one check the moon out through the window!  At the end of the book, it tells you about the phases of the moon.  Again, fun AND educational!

The last book I received is the "Skip through the Seasons" book.  Now, this book isn't particularly a "Fall" book, but its great to read when the seasons change!  It takes you through the months and the seasons and lets your little one pick out the seasonal items in each picture.  At the end of the book, it tells you about how the months and the days of the week got their names.  Again, I love that these books are fun,colorful, AND educational!!!

Barefoot Books is also having a "20 Years of Storytelling" Sale! You can check it out HERE! They have lots of wonderful books on sale - including the 3 books in this review! And to make things even better, Barefoot Books has an entire section of story-themed Craft and Activity Ideas!!! 


Check out all of the fabulous books at barefootbooks.com.
 
"Like" Barefoot Books on Facebook.
Join Barefoot Books on Twitter.
If you'd like to learn how you can become a Barefoot Books Ambassador and earn money, you can do so Here.  They will send you a free informational packet - including a free book for your family to enjoy.

"Like" The Proverbs31 Mama on Facebook HERE.


Disclosure - Per FTC Regulations, I am disclosing that I received product(s) from this company/website, free of charge, for review. I was in no other way compensated for my review. The views expressed in this review are my own, honest opinions and any claims should be verified on the sponsor's site.

No comments:

Post a Comment