Thursday, December 6, 2012

Silisipper Review

My little one has reached that age where we're working on using a real cup instead of a sippy cup.  Our pediatrician suggested buying some of those small disposable cups (like you use in the bathroom) to help her. Well, I did it - even though I'm not big on buying the disposable cups (for environmental and monetary reasons).  The first few times I gave one of those cups to her - with some water in it - she turned it almost completely upside down and all the water spilled out.  Well, she didn't like that very much and refused to drink from the cups after that.  Thankfully, I've found a solution - the Silisipper!!!



The Silisipper is sold by Be Kind Kid Shop.  I just love this idea!  Basically, its a tempered glass tumbler with a food-grade silicone lid.  The lid is shapped like a coffe cup lid - with a little whole in the top for sipping...



This helps teach toddlers how to "sip" - which is something they need to learn in order to use a real glass or cup.  Thing about it, sippy cups and straw cups require a different skill - sucking.  But with these Silisippers, toddlers learn to sip slowly.  They also learn not to turn the cup all the way upside down, but just to tip it - something else they need to learn for drinking from a cup.  Once they get the hold of it, simply remove the top and your child has a regular glass cup!
 
I love these for so many reasons!  First of all, they are made of glass instead of plastic!  That makes them durable and non-toxic!  They are free of BPA, phthalates, PVC, and lead and the lid and glass are dishwasher and microwave safe and can also be put in the freezer! How awesome is that!!!  I also love how easily my two year old learned to use these!  We started at lunch time and by dinner time she had it down!  These glasses are just awesome! 
 
Oh, and since its that time of year, I might also mention that they would make FABULOUS stocking stuffers!!!!!  (Choose from a blue, green, yellow, or red top.)



Check out the Silisipper on Be Kind Shop HERE.
"Like" Be Kind Shop on Facebook HERE.


"Like" The Proverbs31 Mama on Facebook HERE.

If you like my posts, PLEASE join my blog under the "Followers" section. It would mean SO MUCH!!! :)


Disclosure - Per FTC Regulations, I am disclosing that I received product(s) from the company mentioned above, free of charge, for review. I was in no other way compensated for my review. The views expressed above are my own, honest opinions and any claims should be verified on the sponsor's site.

No comments:

Post a Comment